Day 1 - Doing Background Research
Today you will learn about your subject (e.g. the biological
structure you are observing) and the scientific tools (e.g.
MRI and image processing) you will use to study the
Doing background research has two main steps:
- Review biology, MRI, and imaging materials from Today's
News on the Chickscope website or off the CD-ROM.
- Look at examples of how to read and interpret MRI.
- Start on your literature research. (This could include
looking up Scratchings by students in other Chickscope
- Review the three MRI introductions from the Chickscope
- Supplemental activities might include slicing hard-boiled
eggs by middle school students and a review on magnetism by
high school students.
- Page 5 of 12 -